Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year - A Fresh Start

I love the beginning of a new year! It feels like such a fresh start!

Last year, on the advice of one of the scrapbook bloggers that I follow, I came up with a "word for the year". My word for 2008 was "ACCOMPLISH". I created a framed collage highlighting my word and hung it in my office/craft room. It was so amazing how that one little word, placed where I could see it and reflect upon it, helped motivate me to complete so many projects!

It's now time to decide on a new word for 2009. I have been struggling to find something that really reflects my goals for the year. I am a huge procrastinator - so I have been searching for something that speaks to that - as well as to my other financial/personal/organizational goals. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them! So far I have come up with: Motivation, streamline, action. But, nothing seems to be really "hitting the nail on the head". I'll keep you posted in the days to come!

Hope you all had wonderful holiday and New Year's celebrations. For the first time ever our little family was able to spend Christmas day at home opening presents, watching movies, making a steak dinner and playing with our new toys! We all stayed in our jammies the whole day! At about 10:00 p.m., Emma exclaimed, "This is the best Christmas I have ever had!"

A little change in New Year's plans - and we found out on Tuesday that the party was moving to our house! Wow! Lot's to get done in a little bit of time - but we pulled it off and had a blast ringing it in with a small group of good friends and their kids! We had so much fun that the party didn't end until about 2:30 a.m.! With clean-up, I didn't see my pillow until about 4:00 a.m.! Needless to say, New Year's day was another day spent in jammies!

Emma and Zach are back to school on Wednesday of this coming week. I am looking forward to getting back on schedule and into our normal routine. My organization goal this week is to clean out all of the kid's crafting supplies and get them consolidated in one easily accessible spot in our home. I will take pics and post the process and results in a few days. Wish me luck!

Have a great week and a great beginning to your 2009!

J9

No comments: