Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sick Kiddo

Nothing like a couple of days stuck at home with a sick kid. Emma has strep throat and is eagerly awaiting a fever free day so she can return to school. I'm not complaining about my forced time at home. The only thing I have missed so far is a "Team Building" Inservice for work today. And, yes, it would have been nice to earn a few free CEUs (since I still need 25 hours before December 31st), but oh well - I didn't really want to go anyway! Yesterday was spent hanging out on the couch most of the day with Emma, catching up on all of the shows I have been DVRing. Today I have been a bit more productive - laundry, setting up new email, cleaning up loose ends for PTO . . . you get the drill.

Emma just took her temperature (96.6) and has now asked if we can go to Justice. "Yes sweetie, right after we take daddy's car to NTW to get a new tire." Bummer to leave for work, only to realize you have a flat and must change a tire, then figure out how to get to Lawrence and back on a donut. Not a wise choice - driving to Lawrence on a donut. So, kindly ask wife if she can work that out for you. "No problem honey. Because I am the best wife in the whole wide world!" So Emma and I will be heading to NTW later today to see if we can spend even more money on our cars this month! (My poor budget is shot to heck now!)

On a more positive note - I had a fabulous weekend with my mom, her best friend (Marilyn) from high school, and my friends Shelly and Julie. We traveled to Lake Fort Scott, stayed in a fabulous lake house that belongs to Marilyn's son, and scrapbooked the whole weekend away! Mom and Marilyn really spoiled us with food, pampering and presents! We had a "scrapbooking intervention" and convinced Shelly that she really didn't need to scrapbook every single photo she has ever taken! She felt like a big weight was lifted from her shoulders and is now very close to finishing her son's album. We also had some 'laugh so hard that you almost pee your pants' moments. The best was when I went to crawl into bed at about 12:00am on Friday night and the head of my bed proceeded to collapse to the floor. I'm sure it was hilarious for Shelly when she turned around and saw my arms and legs flying in the air. Important to note - she laughed her butt off before asking me if I was okay! I forgive you Shell! And, thanks for a fabulous time Mom and Marilyn! Can't wait to do it again!

I don't think Roger had as much fun hanging out with the kids by himself all weekend. He had to manage a soccer game, and two softball games pretty much on his own (although I did gather all of the gear in a nice pile so he didn't have to search for shinguards or jerseys). It didn't help that Emma was inching closer to illness as the weekend progressed. She did manage to score a goal in her soccer game Saturday morning - then proceeded to leave the field crying because she couldn't breathe.

And, no, I didn't not reach my last month's goal of blogging once each week. So, I will try again this month. Let's see if I can manage it!

Have a great Tuesday,


No comments: